Monday, April 9, 2007

“What about all the people who died before Jesus came?” ~Catie

I’m not sure I can give you a 100% sure answer on this, but I’ll do my best:

Acts 17:29-31 hints that God did not hold people accountable to the truth they had not yet received.

Romans 4:3 says that Abraham was considered righteous because he believed God.

Romans 1:20 says that God revealed himself through nature from the beginning, so that no one has an excuse to say “I didn’t know.”

Finally, God set up a way for people’s sins to be forgiven through sacrifices, but it had to be done regularly, while Hebrews explains that Jesus was the final sacrifice once for all. People didn’t have the entire Bible until about 300 AD I believe, but they had the Old Testament and the prophets, and after Jesus they had the disciples and their epistles (just not formed into one volume).

No comments: