Thursday, February 22, 2007

“Is this video game approved by Jehovah?” ~Jason

I did not receive an audible voice of approval from God on "The Bible Game", but he rarely speaks like that (to me at least). What did come to me after prayer, and review of the link is that we can know God's approval simply by looking at things in light of the Bible. If the game does what Paul encourages (renews the mind, teaches the Scripture, focuses on what is true and good) and avoids sinful and dangerous activity (unjust or cruel violence, sexual immorality, untruth, etc) then it is good. I'm very excited by your desire to create Christian games (by that I mean games with principles held by Chrisitians, whether or not they are obviously Bible related) similar to the titles you list. I'm a big fan of Crystalis and Final Fantasy myself, though their subversive philosophy bothers me. It'd be great to have games that are really fun, and also have a good message to teach woven through it without being obnoxiously preachy to the point where non-Christians will avoid it. Let me know how this developes!

No comments: